A Historical Pub Tour of Nantwich
I am now offering a guided walking tour of Nantwich and its pubs.
Did you know that this small market town has had over 140 pubs?
On the tour you will:
We will walk around the town looking at pubs past and present, and visit some of the wonderful hostelries for a drink.
- Learn why hostelries were so important to Nantwich
- Learn about Nantwich's breweries
- See a carving of a thieving landlady
- Visit some of the oldest pubs in Nantwich
- Find out why pubs got their names, and why names have changed
Small groups are best for this tour, and can take place during the day or in the evening. Your tour guide will be local historian Bill Pearson, who was a lecturer at Reaseheath College and now writes the popular Good Food Shops Blog.
For more information, or to book a place, click here to send me an email.
Bill Pearson's Home Page